Tuesday, October 9, 2007

HEY AUTUMN... WELCOME TO HUMBOLDT!

As much as I lament the end of what has been a perfect summer here on the north coast, a warm windy October day is the perfect start to autumn. Oranges and browns. Tumbling leaves. Pumpkin spiders. Those little creme pumpkins that taste better than candy corn. Perfect!
I stepped out on the back porch this morning to let the cats in and caught a glimpse of perfectly awesome cumulus cloud (Dr. Pedicino would be proud of me) in orange and dark gray. I stood out there for a minute, reveling in the wind blowing through my hair. When I sat down at the table, Mark looked up from his paper and laughed…”Were you outside?” “Yeah. Why?”. “Your hair’s kinda... big…” Yep, nature’s blow-dryer gave me a big ol’ Farrah Fawcett. I love the fall!

3 comments:

Monica... That One Girl said...

Ooh... sweet but creepy photo of that Pumpkin spider. *chills*

It is definitely autumn now, there's no doubt. As much as I love my months-old Dansko's, I'm stoked that it's turning back into Docs weather... jeans, a hoodie, and one of my various pairs of Doc Martens = the perfect comfort outfit. It's like comfort food, but less fattening. hah.

Loving your blogs, Madre.

Monica... That One Girl said...

PS- I LOVE the new background on your page! That's wayyy cooler than mine. I might have to go figure out how you did that and upload a different photo for mine. hmmm...

beachcomber said...

The background is a picture I took on the beach below Beavertail Lighthouse in Rhode Island. It's at the edge of the Narragansett Bay (which sounds SO east coast). Believe it or not, the shells were layered just like this, filling in spots between the rocks. It looks just like a piece of scrapbooking paper I BOUGHT. And thank you.